forex trading logo


Login Form

About

About

History of Kildalkey N.S.

The name Kildalkey comes from the Irish name Cill Dealga meaning Dealga’s church and was previously known as Killshallago (Coill Sealga) meaning the wood for hunting.

From the time of St. Patrick, Kildalkey was a place of importance as a church and later as a monastery for about 500 years and would likely have been one of the larger settlements in the area, larger than either Trim or Athboy, in fact.

Kildalkey’s patron saint is St. Dympna and the school, church, hall and well are named in her honour.

The current school in Kildalkey was built in 1931 as a two roomed school and replaced a chapel on the site. Later, extensions were added in the 1960s and 1970s to cater for increasing numbers and an amalgamation with Carnisle school.

Due to expanding numbers, a number of prefabricated buildings were added from 2000 on and two classes were located in Kildalkey Hall which was renovated with a grant from the Department of Education in 2006.

A new school was granted by the Department of Education in 2007 and the Diocese made a site available for this on the Athboy road. Permission has since been granted for the new school building which is estimated to take 2-5 years for completion.

School Images

accepting the trophy.jpg

Kildalkey GAA

gaa crest

Upcoming Events

No events

Web Wise

Be webwise



Latest News

Popular